James Graduated


Well James graduated from Basic. His lovely Girlfriend, Fiancee went down to see him. We have recieved one picture, which I included. James gave me two calls in the first one, he answered about three questions that I asked, didn't sound at all happy to hear me, complained about Joel and Evan not sending him something soon enough and asked me about how he could get to his money on a satruday when he doesn't have his new bank card. When I sat down and figured it out gave him the information and he hung up. About twenty minutes later he called to ask for mom and Dad's phone number. Which I didn't have on hand. He decided to call Nanny and get it.

It was a little discouraging. I feel bad. Every time James calls me now it is because he wants or needs something. I kind of feel the same way about Joel lately as well. He invited Evan out to lunch the other day, never even called me. The only way I kow what is going on with him is what I hear through Evan. Am I a bad sister that they don't want to talk to me other than that. It is getting to the point where I feel more like a parent than a sister. It is a little discouraging. I would love to have a chance to just enjoy talking to them about life, with out James needing something.

Oh Well enough whining. I am feeling a lot better. James and Sarah are discussing details of their wedding and I should soon beable to start planning that trip. I really want to be a part of this but at the same time money is definatly an issue and flying to Canada, buying a dress and staying in a hotel adds up fast. Oh well.. we shall see what happens. It is mostlikely a good thing that Brad and I aren't going with the sunday School to Gatilnburg, that moeny we could have saved will go to this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think (from what I've read & observed) that's partly the nature of being a first-born. You take on many responsibilities, so the boys happily let you...and then don't realize that that's not the only thing you are - mom. You're also sister. Big sister, true, but you want to be a friend as well as a 'help me, I'm in trouble' person.

Most of the time, the roles we're given are just fine, but there are the times that it stings. Tell someone to make you feel appreciated today! : )
Tami said…
I have the same kind of relationship with my sister - she only calls me when she needs something.
Anonymous said…
Great pictures. I'm sorry your brothers don't really appreciate all you have done for them and that they only call when they want something. They need to grow up and enjoy you as a person!! You're wonderful!! Just ask your grandmother!! James did call me but guess he got cold feet about asking for money. Last time he did that I asked more questions than he was willing to answer and he never called back to give me the info. I'm willing to help any of you whenever I can but only when I understand what my money is being spent for. REALLY used for. I hope that by now you are over the doldrums. And that the funds for your trip to the wedding will materialize. I hope I get invited but don't know whether I'll be able to attend. I would love to. Love you sweetie!! Nanny

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity