Oct. 15th - 21st
Monday- well it was pay day and that was nice, but of course I had way over booked myself. I went to school, had my first Academic team meeting until 3:30. CAme home by 4. Went grocery shopping casue we had no food in the house. Went to a mentoring dinner at 6 left that at 7:00 to meet Tiffy and go out to dinner with her and brad to celebrate my new founds pregnancy. (Went to craker barell, loved it.) Then brad and I went to the Y and walked. did have a lot of time so just walked 1 mile. put us at 94 miles. Then got home late.. and boy did I sleep well..
Tuesday- School, home, Volleyball game. I we won that one. Then home and slept.
Wednesday- School, home, Dinner at church, Bible Study (we talked about being busy at home. How this doesn't mean be a stay at home mom, though it doesn't exclued that either. It jsut
means that the things at home, like landry, dishes, your childrens stress level, family time, those things are our job. If you work cool beans the woman in Proverbs 31 if you read it definaly worked. she was buying fields, sewing, all sorts of things, but she still was taking care of things at home and that is our job, Delegation is fine, but remember when it comes down to the grit, it is our job. ) cHoir practice. Went and walked at hte Y 96 miles.
Thrusday- School, home landry, Packed for the Festival of Marriage this weekend. No one showed up for bible study, and no one called so I cleaned my house, got all ready, and sat there for about 45 mins til I realized that no one was coming and then went back to packing.
Friday- Got up at hte Crack of Dawn ( which si the same time I get up normaly) Met everyone at the church. Loaded into the new vans, and headed down to NC for the FEstival. We stoped at
hte OutDoor Bass Pro shop again. This time however we only stayed for 30 mins (compared to the hour last year) so it wasn't as frustrating. Stopped for lunch at Taco Bell. THen got there late. (for those of you who know how I feel about being late, you understand that this bothered me a little :)_ Then we checked into our rooms. Brad nad I ... we took a shower.. Then we went to the second workshop. It was supposed to be about how to apologize so the other person feels love and the apology. But instread they just talked about how the bible tells you to aplogize. Something we already knew. Then dinner, and then evening Keynote speaker. It was the same speaker as last year and about three seconds into it I realized that it was the same speech as last year.. down the the last.. "we weren't going to do this.. but." sO that was a little disapointing. The music was led by Russ Lee (who use to be in NewSong.) he was great, funny and a good singer. His concert was great after the speaker.
Satruday- got up went to breakfast. Went ot the first workshop. The Six Misquitos that mess up your marraige. This was a very good workshop. We liked it alot.. I got notes if anyone wants to see. Then we went to a workshop on Media and your Family. IT was interesting. It dind't have alot fo new information but the discussion questions really made brad and I think about how we
were going to expose or limit our kids to Media. Then lunch.. then we took another shower. and then a nap. Got up and went to dinner. (now I would like to note we didn't really want to go to this dinner, they said everyone is going.. we will pay, which was good cause it was expensive and we don't have extra.) the meal was not great. infact it did not sit well with teh baby at all. We were late to the keynot repeate, The candle light renewal of your vows was still cool even though they repated. then went back and took another shower.
Sunday, got up went in our jammies to eat breakfast, went back slept a little longer took a shwoer, and packed. We made it to the start of hte Keynote repeate, then decided to cut out and went and waited until everyone was ready to leave. Okay now it is noon, I am pregnant I eat on a schedule or my tummy revolts. They say "People want to go to the town and Shop" I say I need food. THey say it will be 15 mins and then we will eat..I figure okay. Well then they drive up the mountain for a picture and a view... (20 mins) then they go to teh prayer garden for a closing pray and a few more minutes of couples prayer (25 mins) then we drive to Black Mounatin (the town 10 mins) then they drop us off. no food in sight. We finally find the closest pizza place.. 25 miute wiat to be seated.. so we order it to go and get it in about (15 mins) for those who are couting that is more than 15. Anyway they wanted to stay for liek 2.5 hours but we talked them in to 2 so we got home around 8 that night. The whole trip through the mountins
was horrible for me.. I had to drink a sprite close my eyes and pray it would be over soon. We came home showered (really showered) and crashed. I also want to note that I got morning sickness ( the queasy part not the throwing up part) starting Saturday and lasting all the way to monday morning.
Comments
Don't forget - the Proverbs 31 woman had a maid. Yes, your household is first priority (over things like job, extracurriculars) but sometimes mess can stay if love isn't being felt by the significant ones in your life who need it.