Oct 1st- Oct 7th

monday- our second anniversary. 2 years. It seems hard to believe it has been two years, and it also seems like it has been longer. I find it hard to rememebr life before brad, although college still comes through clear, it seems shorter. I love my husband, We have our days, and of course we fight everynow and then, but we both work really hard at at and I am looking forward to many more years. On monday, we got up late( Fall break) and then lounged aroudn the house, then went to town to play put-putt at the place we went on our honeymoon. We sadly found out that they are not open on weekdays, and we have always gone on a weekend. Oh well. We went bowling at Eastland (which is a big let down after Galaxy bowl.) then we went to Halloween express and tried on a bunch of costumes. Brad looked really good in a Spiderman coustum. I tried on a superwoman coustume that brad loved, but I couldn't move in it and in the end we decided that our funds did not include a new costume for either of us this year.
Then we went to dinner at Miyakos. Once again, we were the only ones at our table. WE just came at a bad time I guess. There were two full tables when came in and then a family came that filled one.. and we got a cheif we made a few carry out meals at our table while he cooked for us. It was fun though and the food was great.
Tuesday- After a wonderful anniversary, we topped the day with two dental appointments. I had my teeth cleaned in the morning, and brad had his tooth drilled and filled in the afternoon. (2:30-3:30).. then we went at 8:15 to play our first offical volleyball game. Only to find out that the guy with the one scheudle read it wrong and we had missed our first game at 7:30. In the end we took it out on the team at 8:15 and trounced them, Brad played even with the tooth. They won't reschdule so we are jsut going to have to win the rest of our games.
Wednesday- hung out at home all morning. Then went to Dinner at Church, then Women's bible study (this week we talked about self-control, the controling of your mind, not just emotions. Shying away from teh fears that arise with the "what if..." statments , but also avoiding focusing on the "good old days" when things were better. instread, "Finally what ever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.. think about these things." Phil 4:8. Then Chior. We are singing the Berea college version of When I survey.. he let me sing 1st Alto, which is good as that is the part I ahve memorized. I missed Greta and Dilly while I was singing though. Went and walked at the Y. 85
Thrusday- Hung out in the morning. then I had bible study. brad had class. We didn't get to our study so much as fellowshiped. Talked about baptism and Melissa's new house and other stuff. Then brad and I went and walked at hte Y. 87 miles
Friday- Got up grocery shopped, came home cleaned. took a nap, cooked chili for the College sunday school, then cooked. Brian and Amey came over for dinner. HAd a great time, talked about sports and movies, played a game of scrabble.. Much fun was had.
Saturday-- went to the Renfest in Ohio. Got to see Aurda, and Jenna. Got paid for my quills. Much fun was had. We did spend the whole day with Nate, from the D&D game.. let me tell you that boy coudl talk the hind leg off a mule. He gives Evan a run for his money. All in all it was a great day, even though it was way to hot.
Sunday-- Got up really early made brownies for the college kids, and rice to go with their chilli, and reheated the chili. Then took a shower with brad, got ready for Sunday School. SS was fun lots of good discussion. THen on to chruch. THen I went and set up the lunch for the college students. Brad and I ende dup staying and eating. Lee Dale and jevon showed up about the time food was served and also stayed for eatting. The lesson was interesting (how to find a godly mate.) however I did notice that Sam went way to fast, with way to much infrmation(an hour of lessons after sitting through church is too much) and didn't really get the studnets engaged. I don't know if he ahs tried and failed or if he hasn't tried.. but I ahve found that if you get college kids talking about relationships usually they will go on for ever.. Oh well it was still very interesting. Evan was there and went home with left over chili and rice. then brad and I went and walked at the Y 89 miles.. now for an afternoon of relazing and goofing off.
Then we went to dinner at Miyakos. Once again, we were the only ones at our table. WE just came at a bad time I guess. There were two full tables when came in and then a family came that filled one.. and we got a cheif we made a few carry out meals at our table while he cooked for us. It was fun though and the food was great.
Tuesday- After a wonderful anniversary, we topped the day with two dental appointments. I had my teeth cleaned in the morning, and brad had his tooth drilled and filled in the afternoon. (2:30-3:30).. then we went at 8:15 to play our first offical volleyball game. Only to find out that the guy with the one scheudle read it wrong and we had missed our first game at 7:30. In the end we took it out on the team at 8:15 and trounced them, Brad played even with the tooth. They won't reschdule so we are jsut going to have to win the rest of our games.Wednesday- hung out at home all morning. Then went to Dinner at Church, then Women's bible study (this week we talked about self-control, the controling of your mind, not just emotions. Shying away from teh fears that arise with the "what if..." statments , but also avoiding focusing on the "good old days" when things were better. instread, "Finally what ever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.. think about these things." Phil 4:8. Then Chior. We are singing the Berea college version of When I survey.. he let me sing 1st Alto, which is good as that is the part I ahve memorized. I missed Greta and Dilly while I was singing though. Went and walked at the Y. 85
Thrusday- Hung out in the morning. then I had bible study. brad had class. We didn't get to our study so much as fellowshiped. Talked about baptism and Melissa's new house and other stuff. Then brad and I went and walked at hte Y. 87 miles
Friday- Got up grocery shopped, came home cleaned. took a nap, cooked chili for the College sunday school, then cooked. Brian and Amey came over for dinner. HAd a great time, talked about sports and movies, played a game of scrabble.. Much fun was had.Saturday-- went to the Renfest in Ohio. Got to see Aurda, and Jenna. Got paid for my quills. Much fun was had. We did spend the whole day with Nate, from the D&D game.. let me tell you that boy coudl talk the hind leg off a mule. He gives Evan a run for his money. All in all it was a great day, even though it was way to hot.
Sunday-- Got up really early made brownies for the college kids, and rice to go with their chilli, and reheated the chili. Then took a shower with brad, got ready for Sunday School. SS was fun lots of good discussion. THen on to chruch. THen I went and set up the lunch for the college students. Brad and I ende dup staying and eating. Lee Dale and jevon showed up about the time food was served and also stayed for eatting. The lesson was interesting (how to find a godly mate.) however I did notice that Sam went way to fast, with way to much infrmation(an hour of lessons after sitting through church is too much) and didn't really get the studnets engaged. I don't know if he ahs tried and failed or if he hasn't tried.. but I ahve found that if you get college kids talking about relationships usually they will go on for ever.. Oh well it was still very interesting. Evan was there and went home with left over chili and rice. then brad and I went and walked at the Y 89 miles.. now for an afternoon of relazing and goofing off.
Comments