Oct 8th thru 14th
Okay lets see here.
Monday- 8th I had the day off for columbos day. It was fun. Brad and I went to see THe dark is rising. It was good. I hear more fun than the book. then I came home and finished the third book in the Golden Compass serise. Let me say right now if you have kids, and you are a christian of any vein don't take them to see this movie. THe first book wasn't so bad, but by the last book you had gay angles, people trying to kill God, god dying, death is jsut returning to nothingness, your soul is sperate from you in the form of your animal deamon. And the topper.. the whole moral.. Faith earned is better than faith freely given. SO I would caution agaisnt this book and movie unless you are ready to answer some pretty deep questions.
Tuesday- School, home walked with Jenn, dinner with Evan, Volleyball (we lost, we don't really play as a team yet.)
Wed- School, Home, dinner at church, bible study (we talked about purity. we dicussed how we have always taught purity to relate to sex, but it also relates to your mind and heart. IF your mind is impure then your body will follow, not usualy the other way around. We talked about following Gods words. Keeping your mind pure, focusing on God, and your body will follow, and how we will have to teach this to our children as well if we don't want then to fall to the ranks of hte teens that are having premarital sex.) Went and walked at hte Y. Oh and Erin had her baby around 4:30 or so, ended up being a C-section. Mother and daughter went home sunday all is well.
Thrusday- School, home, then I drove back to lexington to go to a training. Very boring could have read the book and learned just as much. Went home, picke d up brad went and walked at
Y.. 93 miles
Friday- GOt up took a Pregnancy and TEst.. and Guess WHat... WE ARE HAVING A BABY> That is right it was positive.. so I called aeveryone and their brother. we are so excited. We were pretty suspicions since my period was 6 days late, and I was feeling fait at the ren fest last saturady. So went to school, Brad picked me up and we went to LExington to see Erin's baby. Very cute, lots of hair. Then went to Outback to celebrate. Home, brad went to see Midnight madness (the first offical practice of hte UK basketball team) with some guys form chruch and I went and watched movies with Brittany.
Saturady- Chior Practice, Played with the guys, then went to a wedding. Brad was taping hte UK
vs. LSU (1# ranked team in teh country) but when we got to the reception they had the end of the game on.. we left our gift and went home. Got dinner and then brad watched the game in its entirety. which turned out to be worth it, because in triple overtime UK beat LSU 43 to 37. This is the first time they ahve beat 1# team in years. This puts us at #8 whcih is way cool.
Sunday- ss., CHurch, Lunch at the mexican resturant. THen we were goint o walk but fell aslweep and slept until 4. Went to the church picnic. (I shouldn't have eaten. it jsut
made me gain weight.) Brad's mom gave us the baby's first offical baby gift bought just for him/her. It is a really cute Teddy bear in UK sweater. We are doing the baby's room in UK. Striaght blue if it is a boy, and with some of hte pink if it is a girl, with Teddy bears thrown in for good measure.
I have inclued a picture of some of the stuff we got. THe mobile with Tiffy gave us when we got
married, the teddy bear, the blanked is from Melissa Metcalf her granny made it and we have it on loan, the bible is from Tiffy, and the lava-lamp-night-light brad and I bought last night at craker barell it was the last one.. we couldn't miss out.
Monday- 8th I had the day off for columbos day. It was fun. Brad and I went to see THe dark is rising. It was good. I hear more fun than the book. then I came home and finished the third book in the Golden Compass serise. Let me say right now if you have kids, and you are a christian of any vein don't take them to see this movie. THe first book wasn't so bad, but by the last book you had gay angles, people trying to kill God, god dying, death is jsut returning to nothingness, your soul is sperate from you in the form of your animal deamon. And the topper.. the whole moral.. Faith earned is better than faith freely given. SO I would caution agaisnt this book and movie unless you are ready to answer some pretty deep questions.
Tuesday- School, home walked with Jenn, dinner with Evan, Volleyball (we lost, we don't really play as a team yet.)
Wed- School, Home, dinner at church, bible study (we talked about purity. we dicussed how we have always taught purity to relate to sex, but it also relates to your mind and heart. IF your mind is impure then your body will follow, not usualy the other way around. We talked about following Gods words. Keeping your mind pure, focusing on God, and your body will follow, and how we will have to teach this to our children as well if we don't want then to fall to the ranks of hte teens that are having premarital sex.) Went and walked at hte Y. Oh and Erin had her baby around 4:30 or so, ended up being a C-section. Mother and daughter went home sunday all is well.
Thrusday- School, home, then I drove back to lexington to go to a training. Very boring could have read the book and learned just as much. Went home, picke d up brad went and walked at
Friday- GOt up took a Pregnancy and TEst.. and Guess WHat... WE ARE HAVING A BABY> That is right it was positive.. so I called aeveryone and their brother. we are so excited. We were pretty suspicions since my period was 6 days late, and I was feeling fait at the ren fest last saturady. So went to school, Brad picked me up and we went to LExington to see Erin's baby. Very cute, lots of hair. Then went to Outback to celebrate. Home, brad went to see Midnight madness (the first offical practice of hte UK basketball team) with some guys form chruch and I went and watched movies with Brittany.
Saturady- Chior Practice, Played with the guys, then went to a wedding. Brad was taping hte UK
vs. LSU (1# ranked team in teh country) but when we got to the reception they had the end of the game on.. we left our gift and went home. Got dinner and then brad watched the game in its entirety. which turned out to be worth it, because in triple overtime UK beat LSU 43 to 37. This is the first time they ahve beat 1# team in years. This puts us at #8 whcih is way cool.Sunday- ss., CHurch, Lunch at the mexican resturant. THen we were goint o walk but fell aslweep and slept until 4. Went to the church picnic. (I shouldn't have eaten. it jsut
I have inclued a picture of some of the stuff we got. THe mobile with Tiffy gave us when we got
Comments
As for Compass, coulda told you that, but it's better to find out for yourself. I remember being intrigued by the 1st 2, but let down completely by the time I reached 3. The other thing is that I'm willing to accept a book's worldview sometimes, and would've been okay with the 'good is really bad, evil is really good' angle EXCEPT that 'good' as he portrayed it was a pitiful adversary, just old and dustblown. So what's the point? Not to mention all the other stuff. So even though the movie looks stunningly full of promise, I am not deceived - another reason people should READ BOOKS FIRST!
(Okay, I'm done. You may return to your UK baby and man.)