Spet 22- 30



Okay I forgot to keep notes during hte week on this one.. so if I forgetsomething my bad.


Monday- School, home, food, then I went to the women's mentoring meet your match ceremony, (Which really just intales walking into a room and getting told who your mentor is.) I was not getting matched again, I already have Andi. Instread I signed up to be a prayer warrior. This meant that I agreed to pray for a pair of women every day for the six weeks. THey must have thought I could handle it cause they gave me two pairs.. now I have four girls to pray for every day. But hey I guess I can handle it.. I ahve to keep notes though or I forget. after the cermony brad and I went and walked at the YMCA. 77 miles


Tuesday- School, home, walked with Jenn, then brad and I went to the Frist scrimmage for our Volleyball. It was alot of fun. I think we did well. We shall know next week when we have our first game. Our Couch did't show up again though. He was late sunday and he didn't show up tuesday night.. so I guess htat means we plug on without him.


Wednesday- School, Home, Dinner at church, women's bible study (We talked about how to love your children.) ( I want to note here that this came after the how to love your husband. The teacher pointed out that they are listed seperate and in the order of Husband and then children. I have noticed a trend in families with kids to love the kids frist and then your spouse. This is really worrying brad. We have found several older couples who have pointed out that eventually your kids grow up and leave the home but your spouse will still be there, and if you have spent years putting him second to your kids it will make your relationship strained. This might be something to consider) Then Choir, where Mickey asked me to do a solo. I think it was cause someone else backed out.. but hey.. I will take it. Then brad and I went and walked at the Y 79 miles.


Thrusday- School, home, dinner, Brad didn't have class, and I went to Bunco. It was alot of fun, Chinesse theam. good food. I won the1st place which was a gift certificate to BD mongolian grill. I am looking forward to trying it with brad later this month.


Friday- School, then brad picked me up and took me to lexington, we bought minis, a comic book and this new book about how to be a girl and play D &D without becoming the.. what is the word.. live in your basement loser that some D &Ders are. It is a pretty cute book. Lots of colored pictures.. It compares roleplaying to playing pretend with barbies.. only with more rules. anyway then we met Brittany and David at hte Movie tavern to watch the Game Plan. The service wasn't as good this time as last, but the food was still great, and we had a blast. The movie was great. Good clean family fun, with a moral, and all that jazz. I recommend it.


saturday- Got up went to a three hour choir rehersaol. came home wiht no voice. Picked up pizza on the way home and the guys were all here when I got here. We played until 5:30 and were right in the middle of a big event. So David left to go to a dinner with Brittany, then came back at 9:30 to finish up. Nate hung around, so we went to wal-mart for groceries and I cooked idnner for the men. It was fun.


Sunday- I was supposed to sing in both services with choir for the lords supper, but I had no voice left after the day before.. so I slept in. Went to sunday school, whcih was nice, someone had football shaped donuts to honor Kentucky making it into #8 this week. Then we went to church. I personly think we don't have hte lords supper enough at our church, but I know that part of that is the cost of having it for so many people. We do it once a quarter and on christmas and easter. Anyway. then Brad's mom toook us out to lunch for our anniversary, which is on the 1st. It was fun, we went to crakerbarell and Evan was invited as well. He talked none stop but it was enjoyable to here him reminice about our family. After we finished lunch we went and walked at the Y. 81 miles.


Comments

Tami said…
Brad is definitely right when it comes to loving your spouse first. I think this mainly falls on the woman since it is a harder rule for women to follow for some reason. Maybe we have a bigger capacity for love; I don’t know. What I do know though, is that MANY women who I know personally love their children first. I know my own mom has struggled with this issue.

Good luck when you try the Mongolian Grill. I looked the menu up online and it just doesn’t look like something Kevin and I would be interested in. Please let me know later what your thoughts were.
Anonymous said…
Prayer warrior! Go you! That's my weak area sometimes.

Vball. Yay you (again)!

BS: Is that the Elizabeth George study? I did that one. And even tho I don't have spouse or kids yet, I agree. I have seen the consequences of getting this one confused.

D&D: Here's a random thought I had once. They should invent a role playing game based on Jane Austen. Then they could call it P&P. ("You walk into a room. Mr. Darcy is there giving you a smoldering look. Do you give him the cold shoulder or walk over and engage in witty repartee?")

Evan: Has he ever NOT talked nonstop?

Okay, I'm done now.
Ellice said…
BS: it is not hte George one.. our teacher is a Dr. in Bible women's stuff she has put this serise to gether. THey also use the marriage iwth out regrets serise to suplement.

D&D: okay I am not sure that would count as role play or Fantasy (meaning sexual). so we difinaly don't play that. :) Melissa you bad girl.

Evan: yeah I am pretty sure he came out talking.
Anonymous said…
My own trouble comes when my hubby starts ACTING like a child.

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity