Update
I hadn't been feeling to well since wed. I was achy and sore and very emotional. I thought I was just tired. Thrusday we came home early cause of the ice storm.. I though cool lots of sleep I will feel better. We I didn't. Everything still hurt. I could only lay on one side for a little while before it hurt and I had to roll over. I went to bed about 4 thrusday and with getting up for dinner slpet through til Friday morning. Thankfully we had a snow day in my county. Then I got up and had breakfast, but felt like crap. I thought I might have a temp. so I took a shower, tylonol and laid down with a cool wash cloth on my head. When I took my temp about 30 mins later it was 100.4 which is when they say to call. SO brad called. they called back. They said come see us. SO brad dragged my sorry but out of bed. and we drove up to the dr. The Nurse PRactioner that we saw. looked me over reall good and says.. yep it is the flu that is going around. She let me listen to the baby's heart and says taht since I am so far along me being sick will not affect the baby unless my temp goes up and stays up for more than a day. She gives me some recomendatiosn for keeping my temp down and which meds ( on the approved preggers list) I shoudl take and sends me home.
By the time we get home I am wipped. Brad puts me to bed. I wake up several hours later with a temp of 100.8 so I take a cool bath.. but that doesn't help.. 101.3. then brad gets some ice in a wash cloth and cools me down, turns the AC up and opens a window. My nose started to run alot more, but my temp dropped. I went to sleep for the night feeling horrible. Woke up once at 2 to take all my meds and my temp 99.8. then slept til morning.
this morign I feel much better 97.6 when I woke up but I know if I get up and do a bunch of stuff it will jsut shoot back up. so I have very few plans that don't requrie, laying sitting, or drinking water and juice. (just a note, straws make it alot easier to choke down so much water when you are sick) Well that is my update. I don't know if I will make church sunday. or work monday. The dr. said the flu can take up to a week to get rid of. I can't miss a week of work, but I might have to miss a day or two. We shall see how it goes.
Thanks to everyone who is praying for me. I need it.
PS brad is not all the way over his version of the flu (which involves alot more coughing and asthma attacks and less nose running) than mine. so pray for us both.
By the time we get home I am wipped. Brad puts me to bed. I wake up several hours later with a temp of 100.8 so I take a cool bath.. but that doesn't help.. 101.3. then brad gets some ice in a wash cloth and cools me down, turns the AC up and opens a window. My nose started to run alot more, but my temp dropped. I went to sleep for the night feeling horrible. Woke up once at 2 to take all my meds and my temp 99.8. then slept til morning.
this morign I feel much better 97.6 when I woke up but I know if I get up and do a bunch of stuff it will jsut shoot back up. so I have very few plans that don't requrie, laying sitting, or drinking water and juice. (just a note, straws make it alot easier to choke down so much water when you are sick) Well that is my update. I don't know if I will make church sunday. or work monday. The dr. said the flu can take up to a week to get rid of. I can't miss a week of work, but I might have to miss a day or two. We shall see how it goes.
Thanks to everyone who is praying for me. I need it.
PS brad is not all the way over his version of the flu (which involves alot more coughing and asthma attacks and less nose running) than mine. so pray for us both.
Comments
You are definitely in my prayers. Christina said that it's been flying around the daycare where she works, but they won't cancel school b/c they say it's not a high enough percentage. (1/2 her class out, but only 1 confirmed flu as reason.) So if it's raging around the south, it must be headed this way. Oh, dear.
Feel better, drink lots of agua, pee.
It is especially hard that you work around children during this pregnancy because we all know, as lovely as they are, the little buggers carry germs.
I would stay home from church and watch a service on TV. Southland Christian has an awesome service if you get that in your area and it is contemporary. I also enjoyed The Hour of Power which is a more traditional service. I’m sure you are well aware of both of these though. I’m just thinking another day inside, away from other people could be very beneficial.
I am sorry to hear that Brad is sick also. You know ….. Ashley has been very snotty, but congested …. Has Brad been around her??? Just kidding ;)
I will pray for you both.