Becasue I got a lecture....

Okay not a lecture, but three people have expressed to me their displeasure at the fact that I have not given enough details about my new job.


On Monday the 18th of August, 3 days after school had started, Brad called me from school to tell me that he had heard that there might be a position open in the county. I called the principal and he sounded interested. He asked me to e-mail him my resume. (I offered to come up if he wanted me too and he said jsut e-mail it) so I did as he asked. A little whilre later I found out that I had not gotten the assistance job that I thought i was going to get. I was really upset. I called the principal from my last school and talked to her. Turns out that something I did to one of the teachers on the council made them that person hold a grudge and he/she had talked them in to not hireing me...I was very upset.. She kept saying she would give me a good recomendation if I needed one.. so I told..asked.. strongly requested that she call the other principal and give me a recomendation.
About an hour, and many tears, later, brad came home and called my past principal. HE had her years ago as a teacher. He was poliet and yet very pointed in the fact htat they were doing me wrong and that she should do every thing in her power to fix it. She said she would, sounded very sorry.

Tuesday 19th. .. I got a call from the new principal offering me an interview on Thursday at 3:30.. and for me to e-mail him references. I have very impressive references, if you are from that county.

Thrusday morning, I was driving brad tto work, when I said that I alwasy to forget the important things in a interview.. he said it would be nice if you could have a power point... so I went home, created a powerpoint about myself and sent it to the principal.
At 3:20.. I was waiting int eh office, they came in and I went ot the interview.. about 6 people I think. After the inteview he showed them all my power point. I left went picked up brad, and we went to PT at 4:56 the principal called back and offered me the job. I started on Friday at 7:15 am. the first day there was still a sub there, but it was my crash course in what I was going to be doing and monday I started.


My Class.
I am the over cap class. (this means that the other first grades were at cap and so were the first grades at one of hte other schools (mine from last year)) and they shipped all teh extra kids to me. (I think some of them picked who to send.. if you know what I mean.. However it also meand I don't have high numbers. Ihave 14 right now and am getting a new one on MOnday.
My class is in what use to be a preschool tralier. I had desks the day I started.. and that was it.
After beg borrowing and smiling cute, I now have a lot more stuff. I am behind, and my kids have had 4 teachers since school started. My parents are concerned with weather I am a sub or not. I don't have any teacher's editions or student books. I have to make alot of copies and borrow stuff when ever I can.

All in all I am very happy, and the little things are definatly not worth stressing about. they ahve ordered me what I need and it will be here eventually. I am doing my best to be the best I can be and do the best I can for my studnets.

That is it in a nutshell. I can't really give more detials cause of confidentiality and all that. I have been very stressed, in the good way, as I frantically try to get caught up and get the things I need for my class (note I don't get my first pay check til Sept. 15th) but it is starting to come togher, I am getting the hang of the lesson plans and the way the school works. I think it is going to be a great year.

And for those that want to know about babies.. we are waiting til Oct. to even try so that I will be due well after school gets out, and if I have difficulties I won't miss as much school.

Comments

Anonymous said…
THANK YOU!!!! Even if I wasn't one of the three (or was I???), I was VERY curious! Sounds good, stressful, blessed and crazy all mixed up...which means it'll be a year of teaching! : )
Anonymous said…
Hi Ellice! I saw your blog address on your dad's page. So glad you were able to get a job.

I will be praying for you about trying again for a baby. I prayed for you when I heard of your sad loss. I've had 7 miscarriages in the last couple years, so I know it is hard. I just keep coming back to God's sovereignty and His faithfulness.
Anonymous said…
p.s. I am Cassie Hoke Tynan, from Guam/Bayview Baptist.
Tami said…
I am happy for you and glad that this county made good with you. It is wonderful that Brad had someone who was in the system to back you up. I had none of those things and they never made good with me.

I am sorry that you could not get together this summer.
Ellice said…
Hey I still work very near you we could get together..
you could pick me up at school some day.. adn we could hang out until you have to pick up ashley.. casue I am stuck in there til brad gets off work anyway.
Anonymous said…
I am sad that i have to check my Licey's web page to get an update...call me please? I want you to see my new house BEFORE we move in the pets, lol...

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity