facing the past and making more lemonaide

All right, It is now fall break, so I will have time to blog. I think. I have already put a bunch of stuff into the week so that maybe hard. but Here is an update.




My Back is fine. I played Volleyball on Tuesday, no problems. It is back ot the way it was. so no worries there.




On Friday, which was Data day at our school I was trying to get up from the lunch tables, which are not built for big, tall girls lke me, and dislocated my knee. It went right back in but is swollen and sore, and will be for a few days. This has happened in the past and I knowthat It will go away, it is just annoying.




Yesterday we faced the past, and went to the "Walk to Remember" sponsered by the hospital, and the cemetary where Hope is burried. This is the first time we have been back there since the funeral. THere was alot of crying, on both our parts. They played some nice songs, read some poetry. Then we all walked to where the Babies are buried. Then we listen to some harp music which was nice. Then they read off the names of hte babies with families there to remember, and we got an ornament with her name and birthday on it. Then we went and saw her grave. The flower pot I had taken up there at hte funeral, Ithought would be dead, was blooming beautifully and growing. So I left it there for now. They won't leave it over the winter, so I may go back in a month and bring it home in an attempt to keep it alive til spring. But I am not ver good with flowers so that may jsut doom it Who knows. But we finally went back so that is a step in the right direction.

Comments

Tami said…
We found her grave on August 31st and the flowers were bloomed on the plant then. I wouldn't have remembered, but I took a picture.
I hope you and Brad have a relaxing break and I hope your knee feels better.
Anonymous said…
Enjoy your fall break - ours was only a 3-day weekend. I'm glad your back was okay for playing v-ball, and thank you for sharing about your visit to Hope.

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity