The perfect thing for break.
Okay this blog was going to be about how horrible it was to be sick on break, Which it is. But on further reflection I realized that this makes it so that I can just lay around and rest and not have to stress about getting up every monring and go to school feeling like this. SO in the long wrong, being sick on break is no fun, but being sick and working is worse. yeah for that blessing.
I did get to hear the baby's heart beat on Tuesday. that was a relief, and the dr. said I could take Tylonal Cold and Cough syrup, which has been a life saver as the robutussin was not helping me at all and I wasn't sleeping. Brad's grandmother gave us some baskets for the nursery and for the frist time since I got pregnant this time, brad and I are both a little excited about gettig that ready for our new little one. We go in for a paranatal oppointment with a specialist who will look for things a regular Obgy won't and we get an early ultrasound from them, so we might find out hte sex of our baby in Jan, but if not, we should have a 20 week ultrasound at our regular dr, in Feb and we should know then.. so place your bets now folks. :) Brad and I will be happy with either.
Also this break, I got to meet my new sister-in-law. That is right, James got married to Jasmine Mustafa "CHick" on the 17th of December. They came home for Christmas. THis is our first chance to meet her. So far so good. She seems sweet. although it is hard to tell at first. I am going to try and take her out for coffee with Sonya (joel's wife) tomorrow if I can arrange it. give us girls a chance to bond with out hte pesty boys. (of course hayden can come)
Christmas eve we went to brad's grandparents. This was the worst day of my sick, I felt like crap, and actually put my head on brad's shoulder and slept through a large chunck of hte evening. Brad stayed up to meet james and Jasmine at 2 am when they got here. I waited to meet them til christmas morning.
Christmas morning, we had our yearly waffles, homemade (except the batter which I admit does come out of a packet) then talked to my parents, where james told them he was married, then showers and off to Brad's parents for christmas dinner. Yum.. great potatos and the rest of hte food was delicious as well. Then presents, I did well this year, brad got me some maternity clothes, since I only had like 3 shirts last time, and then a coffee mug that has tinkerbell on it and is nice and big. I also got some minatures from him. His parents got me some old musicals I didn't have.. we are going to have fun watching those, and a gift card to a maternity store.. so yea I will have a choice in outfits this year, not just 1 pair of pants and 3 shirts, wash rinse repeat.
pictures will come but my camera is down stairs and james and his wife are still asleep and I don't want to wake them.
(note for my blog: I have been throwing up just about every day, maybe everyother. this cold makes me cough up phlem and that is usually followed by what ever I just ate the meal before. I guess that is one way to not gain any weight.)
I did get to hear the baby's heart beat on Tuesday. that was a relief, and the dr. said I could take Tylonal Cold and Cough syrup, which has been a life saver as the robutussin was not helping me at all and I wasn't sleeping. Brad's grandmother gave us some baskets for the nursery and for the frist time since I got pregnant this time, brad and I are both a little excited about gettig that ready for our new little one. We go in for a paranatal oppointment with a specialist who will look for things a regular Obgy won't and we get an early ultrasound from them, so we might find out hte sex of our baby in Jan, but if not, we should have a 20 week ultrasound at our regular dr, in Feb and we should know then.. so place your bets now folks. :) Brad and I will be happy with either.
Also this break, I got to meet my new sister-in-law. That is right, James got married to Jasmine Mustafa "CHick" on the 17th of December. They came home for Christmas. THis is our first chance to meet her. So far so good. She seems sweet. although it is hard to tell at first. I am going to try and take her out for coffee with Sonya (joel's wife) tomorrow if I can arrange it. give us girls a chance to bond with out hte pesty boys. (of course hayden can come)
Christmas eve we went to brad's grandparents. This was the worst day of my sick, I felt like crap, and actually put my head on brad's shoulder and slept through a large chunck of hte evening. Brad stayed up to meet james and Jasmine at 2 am when they got here. I waited to meet them til christmas morning.
Christmas morning, we had our yearly waffles, homemade (except the batter which I admit does come out of a packet) then talked to my parents, where james told them he was married, then showers and off to Brad's parents for christmas dinner. Yum.. great potatos and the rest of hte food was delicious as well. Then presents, I did well this year, brad got me some maternity clothes, since I only had like 3 shirts last time, and then a coffee mug that has tinkerbell on it and is nice and big. I also got some minatures from him. His parents got me some old musicals I didn't have.. we are going to have fun watching those, and a gift card to a maternity store.. so yea I will have a choice in outfits this year, not just 1 pair of pants and 3 shirts, wash rinse repeat.
pictures will come but my camera is down stairs and james and his wife are still asleep and I don't want to wake them.
(note for my blog: I have been throwing up just about every day, maybe everyother. this cold makes me cough up phlem and that is usually followed by what ever I just ate the meal before. I guess that is one way to not gain any weight.)
Comments