Today is father's day. Last year Brad missed father's day by one day. This year I have to brag on him he is a wonderful father. he takes care of Laurana ever day this summer while
I am at summer school, and he doesn't call it babysitting. He loves to give her a bath, and carry her around on his shoulders. He reads her books and laughs with her, and wrestles on the floor with her. When I was looking for a husband a man to be a father to my children Brad is what I wanted.

I look back and realize that I too had a wonderful father. Fathers are so important to little girls. Little girls with daddy's who lvoe and care for them jsut have extra hope. my dad loved to take us places and introduce us to new things. it was hard finding pictures of him because he spent so much time documenting our lives for us, that you know he is the one behind hte camera. I remember him taking me out to special father daughter dinners, buying me a very special easter dress. I remmeber calling him on Valentines day to remind him and how ever year, even after I went to college, there was always a small little valentine or flower for me to remind me that I was loved by a very special man. he was always supportive and just a little on the crazy funny side. he was the cooker of bacon and egg sandwiches, the guy who got pizza for his night of cooking, and hte music man at church. Now I get to laugh as he is a wonderful opa to Laurana. making her laugh every time he comes on the computer. She even looks at hte computer and says opa opa when she wants to talk to him.


I want to thank the father's in my life, Daddy, Brad, Grandpa, and papa. all of whom have loved me, and love Laurana. Thank you for showing me what a father's love is like so taht I can look to the heavely father with confidence knowing htat if he is anything like these men he is worth placing my trust in.

Comments

Tami said…
This is so sweet it makes me want to cry.
Happy Father's Day to Brad!

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity