Yes I know it has been forever since I blogged. This time of year has been very busy. I was injured at work, by a student, and have torn up my knee. At this point, I can't straighten it and there for can't really walk on it. It happened the week before thanksgiving. I am up to walking on just one crutch, but it does make things difficult. Lala has had a cold on an off, the joys of her frist year in day care. but things ahve also been fun. Thanks to Brittany we had a good pie day. I will admit I cheated and used premade curst this year. At the time I couldn't even stand without pain.
Thanks to Jan and Phyllis we had a great cookie bake this year. by then I could move around on one crutch and in my rolly chair. so that went way better. WE baked a ton of cookies. Lala helped she had alot of fun, but didn't like to share the cookie cutters. She wanted both all the time. she also learned a new trick from jan's son. He is a year, and about 7 months youhger. however he is a boy and likes to get in to things. at one point while it was really quiet and I went to check only to find lala walking out of the bathroom with squeaky wet shoes and a baby doll that looks like it had taken a dip. This was a first for her. She has gone in there serveral times but only to look around and leave. Now we have to watch her and close more potties cause she has figured out you can play in them.
we only have a week of school left before christmas break. That is nice, we hope to get our christmas pictures done next weekend. so I will post those when we get them. which won't be til right before christmas.
PS if you haven't heard we are expecting our second child sometime in late june early july. so pray as I can't have my knee repaired til I am done being pregnant.

Comments

Melissa said…
Ahem...let's try this again, shall we? How was Homecoming? And NaNoWriMo? Did you get to hang with Della and Tiff? Did Brad complete his Eris? Is "Homecoming" finished (the Guam one)?

And yes...heard about the baby. SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ellice said…
Okay, homecoming was okay. It was nice to see Arnholt. Got to spend sometime with Adam, della, and tiffy. Which was nice. Laurana enjoyed it too. Some people haven't changed.. if you know what I mean. :b

Nano didn't go well, between my injured leg and brad having to do all the house work and me in so much pain, and then the baby sick and work being a zoo, neither of us did well. we both had to stop the week I got hurt, cause we have to clean our house and take care of the baby.

Eris is not done, although he is still working on it. and Homecmoning is not done cause I haven't worked on it in a while.

things are crazy around here, but hopefully they will settle down a little after christmas.
Melissa said…
That sounds like some wishful thinking, so I'll pray that first and foremost you get some rest and peace and all that good stuff. After you've survived the kids being crazy this final week before break!!!

And...I know exactly what you mean! :D
Nanny said…
Looks like you two had a lot of fun baking cookies and pies. I keep up with how your knee is doing when I talk with Beth. I'm glad you can at least get around on crutches. Would love to see all of you again. But sounds like your life is pretty full. Love ya.

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity