Several months

So it has been several months since I blogged last. Let me hit the highlights.

1. got injured at work (I deal with volitile students) It was a work related injury. so I am covered by workers comp. but this is still a bad time as I got injured right after I announced that I was pregnant. That being said I had the 1st of 2 surgerys. my knee was locked and I couldn't walk. they were worried that as I got more pregnant I would become more unstable and a fall and further injury would be an issue. So they fixed my miniscus (the cartilage stuff between your knee) and will fix the ACL after I am done being pregnant. the surgery was not horrible, even though they couldn't give me a general and I had to have a local. the days after when the local wore off and I couldn't take anything for the pain were pretty bad, but now a month later, I can walk and the pain is just a memory.


2. We have announced that we are having our second child, which we know to be a boy (name not announced yet) we are due in July but because of my past history the Dr. said the 3rd week of june is the most likely time that they will check and take the baby for both mine nad his safety. we are excited, even though we might end up with two with the same birthday. this pregnancy has been pretty good, standard symptoms including hte nausia the first few months, tired all the time, and picky food choices. The baby has jsut started moving but not all the time yet. looking forward to meeitng him.

3. laurana has grown in leaps and bounds, she is using 3 and 4 word sentences. She talks non stop, and loves to play pretend. She got a kitchen set for chirstmas that she loves, even though wash clothes are still her favorite toy, go figure. She loves daycare now, she goes in with out a peep sometimes she even crys for us to put her down and let her go. of course when we pick her up she can't leave fast enough either so we know she sitll prefers us. nana and papa watch ehr two days a week and she loves to hang out with them. Papa has taught her a golf swing.


4. Brad and I are the coachs of our schools academci team and govoners' cup competition starts next week so we are a little busy and a little stressed but it always passes.



5. I have started doing Zumba one day a week. It is fun, even though I have to modify it alot for my knee and pregnancy. it is nice to hang out with the girls and have fun.

Comments

Melissa said…
When is your spring break?
Ellice said…
1st full week in April. 2nd through the 9th
Melissa said…
Hmmm, well, I was thinking of visiting but mine is the previous week. I know you're due in June but would you want company while heavily pregnant?
Ellice said…
Brad and Talked about it and before the baby close to when school gets out is better for us, and you will get more sleep than you would if you come after the baby gets here.
brad had 2 conditions...
1. Give us at least one day after school gets out and then you are welcome
2. you must bring him a mixed CD. he loves your mixed CDS and would like a new one, he wore the last one out. :)

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity