So I really should post more often. Lets see. Big news





Laurana has moved from her crib into a big girl bed or a "bug gurl bed" if you ask her. We got her a new bed spread with Tinkerbell who she calls "princess" and new mat, one of those foamy things for her floor. She was thrilled. the frist night she came out 4 or 5 times and it took 45 minutes to get her to stay in bed. the second night was 17 minutes, 3rd nigh was down to 10 and the last few nights she has gone down with out getting back out. Of course she doesn't stay down as well for naps. but she is sitll taking a nap, which is good cause mommy needs that break.



We are trying to prepare for the addition of baby Jareth to the family. Get the crib ready, try to get some baby boy clothes. and prepare Laurana for not being the center of the world. the frist things are going well. Laurana still doesn't seem to know what is coming. :)



We made it to spring break. Testing in Kentucky was moved to May, which is kind of nice. All though I would have liked to just get it over with.



We headed to Nanny's house for the first weekend of break. an hour into the trip Laurana got "carsick" and threw up a bunch. the KFC popcorn chicken as well as the pineapple she had eaten at daycare, and some other stuff. we stopped in mt. Vernon to clean her up, spent some time i a Rite Aid. Got some anti-Nausia meds and she was fine the rest of the way. When we got to nanny's she was fine. She took right to "grandma" who had found her a new baby doll and a frog doll both of which are now sleeping with Laurana.



The goal of spring break is to sort through all the extra stuff we have and either get it up into the attic stored or sell/give it away. We have a small house and the only way to keep it clean is to keep it uncluttered. of course no matter who many toys I seem to give away or put away she pulls more out into the living room. :)



Laurana has also started "reading" and by that I mean that with her favorite books if you start the senence or point to the words on the page, she will tell you what they are. I will try to get a video of her reading for oma and opa so they can see. she has about 3 or 4 books she "reads" now.






I added a video of Laurana's new favoirte game.. fall down.




Comments

Melissa said…
"Mommy no fall down!" Priceless!!!!
Grandma said…
I love all those photos. She is such a little doll. I'm probably the only Grandma who gives my granddaughter a FROG!! I'm glad she has slept with it some. That way I know she liked them I enjoyed your visit very much and hope you all can stay well now. I can guarantee that Laurana helps to 'read' some of her books. Give her a kiss.
Melissa said…
No idea why, but I dreamed the other night that I met Laurana. In the dream, she could count to 8 (and actually count off 8 items) but did not know what a high 5 was. It was a weird, random little dream! : )

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity