Disney and Summer Rest... yea right
This year it didn't help that Summer school started the Monday following the end of school teacher work days and for me lasted three more weeks. Then there are all the birthdays, two of my kids in June on the weekends when I wasn't in school teaching kids that didn't want to be there any more than I did.
Summer school finally ended, and that was the same week my mom bought her new house, oh and my father's first birthday in heaven. Followed by my favorite week of the year when I best friends come from Kentucky and spend a whole week of playing games and going to the beach with us. Note at this point no housework has had time, no real relaxation, and no sleeping in because when nine people stay in one small apartment you don't sleep in.
Then we had a week of helping mom paint her new house. Which I actually really enjoy doing, but it is long days. I am actually a little jealous of all the new color she has on her wall. We live in a rented painters white apartment and I have always wanted a red room. No mom did not paint any rooms red, mostly greens and blues, but still nothing is still white. and I love it. Then we were off on vacation to Charleston, where we finally had my dad's memorial service, with just family. I was able to spend time at the beach watching the sunrise with just my mom. We said our goodbyes. The rest of my brothers and all the grandkids showed up a little later and we were able to focus on a Godly man that will be missed. (now don't get me wrong, this was not a weekend of family bliss.. because family, people make decisions you don't understand, and some times you respect them and sometimes you wonder why they can't for one weekend put someone else, like mom first. but I think that might be all family.) Then we went south to Florida, to see my in-laws. (one of our best visits) and go to Disney.. That is all we went. We threw money at the employees and had the Magical experience. Jareth stated as we drove out of the park, "for a first trip to Disney that was the best." Nice way to angle for another trip. When mommy wins the lottery maybe. but for now, it was one wonderful day they can remember for years... right, years. Frankly we had just as much fun visiting 6 national parks (ft Sumpter, Chalres Picnkey's home, the reconstruction Era, Castillio De San Marcos, Ft. Matnezs, and Ft. Caroline)Home to move mom. Which is so nice to have her closer to all her kids, and where I can help her more, without actually living with me cause again... Family. I realized this week it is great that I have three friends that I do things with here in NC, My mom, my sister-in-law, and Iris and that is wonderful.
Now I have a week of volleyball tryouts, buying school supplies, going to teacher stores, and trying to do all the housework I said I was going to do all summer and is now relegated to one week. :)
Good luck.. and no relaxing for me. but you know what I can't say I didn't have a blast this summer.



Comments