August 13- 19th

Monday- This was the first day of school for Clark and Fayette Co. AS well as the first day for teachers for MAdison co. To say that this didn't really depress me would be an understatement. After Walking with Jenn in the morning I went with brad to drop off resume's with two schools in lexingotn that were supposed to have positions. Now everyone say it with me.. "That position has already been filled." That is right, no real jobs just leads. SO I was depressed, but I did get to go with brad to this resturant callec Chariles.. okay really it is afish market in the bad side of town that brad use to frequent when he worked at his dad's pool hall. We got hte biggest best fish sandwich I had ever had and I understand why he was willing to visit a place that I don't know how it meets health code laws.


Tuesday- After walking with Jen, I met with Tina the marriage minister's wife. It was very encouraging at the time. She had a lot of good ideas of things we could try to get jobs. And she took me to Starbucks. WE all know I love me some coffee. So it was good. I felt much better after I met with her. ( for a little while at least)


Wednesday- We walked with jen, and I went to UPS to see if their part-time with benifits was something I could do. As I sat there in a group interview ith about 12 Black 20 somethings I knew that this was not the job for me. Then they said how much you would make in a week and how hard the physical labor was and I knew that this was not the job for me. So I came home depressed at hte lack of jobs once again. Oh I went to Choir for the first time in a while. The guy welcomed this other person back and said nothign about me rejoining, but I guess it isn't imporant. I guess I am jsut feeling the need to feel wanted.


Thrusday- I walked. We decided that maybe we should just go out and saturate anywhere that was hireing with our resumes, maybe God wants us to work at like barnes and noble or something. well B&N said they wouldn't even interview us if we weren't avaliable to work on SUndays, and I am not giving up church (it is way to important to me, especailly right now). so that day turned into a very depressing day, as most places we went said the same thing. So we had some Charilees again and went home.


Friday- I think it has happened we have reached hte end of our ability to handle. State Farm called and after screw up by our agent, we were late on a payment we thought we had already paid. so we emptyed our savings to pay that bill and had a few good cries. weight watchers was down one pound.


Saturday- We had Dave and Nate over to play the new RPG of Starwars. It was alot of fun. I am playing a Jedi and It is way cool. Then we went to Brittany and davids to play settelers of Catan and have dinner. It was a fun relaxing night and it gave me the chance to talk with Brittany. She was encouraging and I felt better.


Sunday- Brad still didn't feel better. We went to SS and Church, then I went to lunch with my mentee Andi and brad went to lunch with his parents, which was very good. Came home took nap. played spades. I thought we were going to have to drive to Ohio for stuff with the ren fest, but I worked it out so that I didn't have to and that was great. (No gas cost and less time spent driving.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hugs. That is about all I can offer, but they are all yours!
Tami said…
I have blogged about Charlie’s on several occasions. I love their fish sandwiches, curly fries, and jalapeƱo hushpuppies. That is THE place to go for fish!!
Anonymous said…
I love how honest you are about your moods each day, and you are getting prayers from this corner of Illinois. I'll let Tiffy give you the hugs, she's closer, but I'll send some mental ones your way. (Hugs, not people.)
Ellice said…
Thanks Guys it means alot to me..
And Tami.. am I not right, Chariles doesn't look like a nice place to eat.. but boy their food is good
Tami said…
You’re right! But get this – I have NEVER been inside! I always have Kevin go in.
I meant to say crinkle fries in my earlier comment, not curly fries. Crinkle fries are my favorite and theirs are the best – always hot and fresh.
Seriously, why would you want a fish sandwich anywhere else?!

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity