Out of work
Monday- Brad's last day with students. I watched a good bit of Gilmore girls, andwent to wal-mart. It finnally happened. Someone came up to me and said.."Oh you had your baby, how is she" and I had to explain what had happened. Then I cried through the rest of my trip through teh store. then brad came home. David invited us over for a game and we got ot bed late.
Tuesday- Brad's workday (he cleaned a closet, inhaled dust, and felt proud of his work.) I stopped by my school for an hour or so to remind them I work there and clean up some of my stuff. It was hard, emotionally. People kept hugging me and being sweet, but that is draining when it is that many people for that long. BUt it was a good trip too.
Wednesday- Starwars, and Writing group. Saw Tiffy again for the frist time in weeks. We are all just to busy.
Thursday- Brad and I babysat for Hayden. and I didn't cry. Are you proud of me? I was proud of me. We played mario Cart, and I got spit up on in epic proportions. Then we went to the Y and walked and swam. See brad babysitting and taking care of hayden.
Friday- (-6.6 lbs) bible study (which I think is going to be fun.) the lesson is on Joy. It is not a real complicated lesson, but it is nice and it gives us a reason to get together and Fellowship which many of us have missed during a very busy school year. then brad and I went on a date, we went to see Spiderwick at the Dollar theater, and we loved it. Classic fantasy, fun for the whole family. Then we went to Outback. Finishe dhte date off iwth grocery shopping at the wal-mart in lexington, which is bigger and less crowded therefore not as stressful for brad. Came home, and then went to Softball. After the mad call everyone we know to try and get enough players we managed to field a team (with a girl from River of Life church). Aaron hurt his knee, pray he is
better, but we had fun. We scored more runs and lasted longer innings this game than the whole season.. (still were creamed by the other team)
Satruday- Got up relaxed, enjoyed the morning. THen went to Melissa's birthday picnic, whichw as also a birthday for Brittany since they share a birthday. We played Guitar hero, much fun for all, even though we all were horrible.
Then we played battle of the sexes. I will admit brad and I were teasing each other over a rule point, and someone said "If you keep going like that you will never have kids" and I almost hit poor Melissa's dad, but then I realized he didn't know and was just trying to be funny. After the game which the boys won. We went to see the "DOn't mess with teh Zohan" movie by Adam
sandler.. it was crap. I mean if we weren't there with a friend we would have left. I felt dirty and sinful when it was over. Ugh.. don't go see it. It wasn't even really funny. (James called and said he would be home this weekend.)
Sunday- Went to church (tiffy joined us for SS) which was really nice. Then James was at chruch. So we got a picture cause it was the first time we had all been together in about a year. Then we all went to lunch at hte Mexican resturant. After the lunch Brad and I went to the EKu Pool which had jsut opened for the summer. It was wonderful. I got to wear my new floppy hat that brad bought me to keep the sunn off my face. Then we went home and played CIV for a few hours, and then went to bed. Life is good at our house.
Tuesday- Brad's workday (he cleaned a closet, inhaled dust, and felt proud of his work.) I stopped by my school for an hour or so to remind them I work there and clean up some of my stuff. It was hard, emotionally. People kept hugging me and being sweet, but that is draining when it is that many people for that long. BUt it was a good trip too.
Wednesday- Starwars, and Writing group. Saw Tiffy again for the frist time in weeks. We are all just to busy.
Friday- (-6.6 lbs) bible study (which I think is going to be fun.) the lesson is on Joy. It is not a real complicated lesson, but it is nice and it gives us a reason to get together and Fellowship which many of us have missed during a very busy school year. then brad and I went on a date, we went to see Spiderwick at the Dollar theater, and we loved it. Classic fantasy, fun for the whole family. Then we went to Outback. Finishe dhte date off iwth grocery shopping at the wal-mart in lexington, which is bigger and less crowded therefore not as stressful for brad. Came home, and then went to Softball. After the mad call everyone we know to try and get enough players we managed to field a team (with a girl from River of Life church). Aaron hurt his knee, pray he is
Satruday- Got up relaxed, enjoyed the morning. THen went to Melissa's birthday picnic, whichw as also a birthday for Brittany since they share a birthday. We played Guitar hero, much fun for all, even though we all were horrible.
Then we played battle of the sexes. I will admit brad and I were teasing each other over a rule point, and someone said "If you keep going like that you will never have kids" and I almost hit poor Melissa's dad, but then I realized he didn't know and was just trying to be funny. After the game which the boys won. We went to see the "DOn't mess with teh Zohan" movie by Adam
Comments
The party looks like fun, waaaay awesome that James is home (he looks good), when do your parents come back?
this is my first no school day (I'm not counting the weekend) and it feels GOOD! Also jealous you have a writing night - we're still in the planning stages of when it will be and what it will be...we have someone new who's interested, but between Ruth's schedule and deciding if we include guy friends or not and if it's a time to write or a time to share what's written (which is possible in summer but not as likely in the school year) we haven't started yet. Sigh.