One very wild week

I will start with our trip to Wicked last Sunday night. We drove to Louiville, and parked at the arts center then brad suggested that we walk over to the spagetti Factory for dinner, our plan all along except no walking. So we walked. and it started to snow. and my thigh highs kept falling down so I would have to stop every few yards and pull them back up. and brad had forgotten his hat so he borrowed my fluffy girly hat and I pulled up my hood. Then we got htere and they ahd an hour wait, and our show was in an hour an a half, so we decided to walk back and find someplace. We ended up stopping at a trendy spot called Z fusion, it was the kind of place that took your coat, and was way trendy and pricy. Brad had a pasta dish iwth sausage and oysters, me I stuck with a flat iron steak. We both liked our own dishes and not the other persons, which worked out well. Then we walked back to the center just in time to find our seats for the show.

Wicked was like.. wow.. cool.. and wow. We had a lot of fun. The music was great the scenery and sets were way cool, and the plot was better than I had heard. (and there isn't the sex in the musical that is in the book. so that was really good) When we left the play, it was still snowing and brad had to drive home at about 60 miles an hour on the interstate cause it was slick and covered with snow. We got home really late but then school was cancelled the next day cause of snow.


Monday- the ice started to fall right after midnght. and fell all night. It was wild.


Tuesday- in the moring we started getting calls from people who had lost power. Melissa and John were the first to go. By the time night fell, brad's parent's and several others had joined the ranks of powerless. Brad's dad had also driven through the still snowing ice storm to Garrad co. to pick up his parents whose power had gone out. He said he had to stop and get out of his truck to move branches that were in the road several times, and then drive over the ones that were too big to move. Bonnie chose to stay home where it was at least warm and they had a gas fire place. Oh and we went out in teh ice to move the jeep and there was a branch the size of our parking lot laying about 2 foot from teh jeep. Scary.
Wed- Brad's parents had moved to his Uncles, with the grandparents, Melissa and John were at Brittany and Davids, and then at 9:15 am, me and Brad, Joel and Sonya, and erin and Aaron, who are all on teh same power grid lost power. Joel and Sonya went over Evan's since he still had power. Erin and Aaron went to family, and Brad and I who can't go to evan's cause of the caloge he uses that gives brad an asthma attack, or any of our other firends that were offering because of pets, were going to stick it out in our cold house. and we did so until about 8:30 at night when Brian and Amey called, they have no pets, and offered to let us use their guest bed. I think I cried. So we spent the night warm and snuggly.
Thrusday morning- we got up and went back to our house to use candles and other such warmth to keep the pipes from freezing. then Melissa nd hte boys came over and we all huddled in a small room for several hours sharing heat. Then at 6:45 the electric came back on. So Melissa nd I went to bunco, only four people there, and Brad watched the boys. He called me to tell me that news crews, utlity people, police and fire trucks were all outsider our apartment... then he mentioned that they were there fro the neighbors whose basement had over a foot of water in it. THe utlitiy guy who knows our landlord said this was the 50th basement in Richmond alone they had to pump out. That night Brad's parents as well as Melissa nd hte boys stayed with us, since John had to go back to work.
Friday- John managed to get the a generator but still no real power. Brad and I held down the fort.
Saturday- we got internet back long enough to pay bills and take care of things that needed to be taken care of. Brad's parents got power back around noon. all the ice here in Richmond melted.
Sunday- Melissa nd John had to cancell thier superbow party as they still didn't have power, so we said we would host. So the afternoon was spent cleaning and getting ready. John brought their widescreen high def TV over, and we just had a great party. Melsisa nd John got power back about half way through it and went to get groceries and prepare for the boys return to school on Mondya. After the bowl, we found out that Clark had closed for another day, we figure still power outages, and our frined from lexingotn says they sitll have all their ice, so clark might as well. but I figure I can catch up on Landry and rest up for tomorrow. Oh and I met Evan's girlfrined Susan, she is nice, I like her she had fun at the party and she goes to chruch with Evan on occason and went to a UK game (so brad lieks her).
PS pictures to come on the ice and the devistation in town.

Comments

Tami said…
I enjoyed reading your report and I'm glad you found a place to stay when your power was out. It must be hard since Brad has such terrible pet allergies.
Anonymous said…
Whoa - this is INSANE! I had no idea! (That's what I get for being too busy to listen to the news or call friends, I guess.) Glad you made it through - so was that a week of no school? and counting?
Brad Kenobi said…
we were out a week and Monday this week. There is more snow on the way tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday, so who knows what the day will bring

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity