A wild week or so
Okay. The last time i posted was right after my Dr. appointment.
The big news I thought I should mention is that My wonderful academic team kids, pulled it together and beat out the other two schools to win districts yesterday. This is a very big deal as the last time my elem school won districts was in 1992. So I look at this as a step towards job securtity. If you bring home trophies to your school your principal will like you more. (at least that is what I am hoping).
Today is sunday and were are home enjoying our sabath as it ahs been a wild, long week.
On Monday both brad and I were home sick. He had Diarrea and I had been up coughing so hard all night that I had about 1 hour of sleep. SO I stayed home took some meds and got some sleep.
Tuesday after school I had to take my FPS team (future probelm solving team) to the other school to compete in that. It takes and hour and half so we were there for a long while. And there is nothing I can do to help them. THey get the papers and have to fill it all out themseleves. (FPS is a thinking outside the box kind of competition.) Then we had to go home and eat so that we could get back out to Brad's Volleyball game.
Wed. I was supposed to have a meeting after school with the teachers, which I managed to get out of because someone else couldn't make it and they reschudeled it.. so yea for that. Then We had Church (we are doing the Love Dare Bible study) . I didn't go to choir as I was so tired already I figured I needed to go home and sleep. (PS through all this I still have a cough that is waking me up for a time each night) Then there was a UK game (we lost) brad was depressed. and Amreican Idol to watch so I was tired anyway.
Thrusday I had academic team practice afterschool. Then Bunco, which was really fun, even if I didn't win anything. I did get a small headach but I think it is becasue of sinus pressure and the limited choices I ahve in medications to take. but it went away. I went and spent a little time with a firend that night after bunco..Sometimes you just need ot be alone with a good friend.
Friday- school, then dinner then I went to bed at 7:30. oh we checked and to paint the babies room the paint is going to cost around 50 (getting the low fume stuff for brad's asthma, and getting the two colors.) so we can do that.
Saturday- had to be at the competition by 8:00 am. Then we were there all day. it was an up and down day. We won one match agasint a team that we haven't beaten in like 10 years. tHen had to play them 2 more itmes cause it is double elimination. We took 2nd in Quick Recall (buzzers) and then had to wait and see who had enough points to win districts. It came down to the quiet girls who took tests. (30 multiple choise in differnt subjexts like LA, MAth, SS,...)
Thse are the kids who worry cause they are not on the more well seen and high energy Quick REcall so as one said "we aren't as importatnt." I told them they were. and yesterday they proved it casue the points they racked up by placing in their subjects was the reason that we won. It was truly a team effrot. It took all of us to win. I am very, very proud of them. We get to go to regionals so that is a big deal as well, even if it means another week of being really really tired. :)
Today, we are going to paybills, relax and get ready for another fun week of our lives. Which I have to say right now life is looking pretty good. I am 21 weeks, all is well, brad had his principal tell him that they were considering him for a teaching job next year, which is great. And we have a wonderful apartment, and all our bills are getting paid. And good friends around us to support us when we have those down days. God has Blessed us. and I thank him for it.
The big news I thought I should mention is that My wonderful academic team kids, pulled it together and beat out the other two schools to win districts yesterday. This is a very big deal as the last time my elem school won districts was in 1992. So I look at this as a step towards job securtity. If you bring home trophies to your school your principal will like you more. (at least that is what I am hoping).
Today is sunday and were are home enjoying our sabath as it ahs been a wild, long week.
On Monday both brad and I were home sick. He had Diarrea and I had been up coughing so hard all night that I had about 1 hour of sleep. SO I stayed home took some meds and got some sleep.
Tuesday after school I had to take my FPS team (future probelm solving team) to the other school to compete in that. It takes and hour and half so we were there for a long while. And there is nothing I can do to help them. THey get the papers and have to fill it all out themseleves. (FPS is a thinking outside the box kind of competition.) Then we had to go home and eat so that we could get back out to Brad's Volleyball game.
Wed. I was supposed to have a meeting after school with the teachers, which I managed to get out of because someone else couldn't make it and they reschudeled it.. so yea for that. Then We had Church (we are doing the Love Dare Bible study) . I didn't go to choir as I was so tired already I figured I needed to go home and sleep. (PS through all this I still have a cough that is waking me up for a time each night) Then there was a UK game (we lost) brad was depressed. and Amreican Idol to watch so I was tired anyway.
Thrusday I had academic team practice afterschool. Then Bunco, which was really fun, even if I didn't win anything. I did get a small headach but I think it is becasue of sinus pressure and the limited choices I ahve in medications to take. but it went away. I went and spent a little time with a firend that night after bunco..Sometimes you just need ot be alone with a good friend.
Friday- school, then dinner then I went to bed at 7:30. oh we checked and to paint the babies room the paint is going to cost around 50 (getting the low fume stuff for brad's asthma, and getting the two colors.) so we can do that.
Saturday- had to be at the competition by 8:00 am. Then we were there all day. it was an up and down day. We won one match agasint a team that we haven't beaten in like 10 years. tHen had to play them 2 more itmes cause it is double elimination. We took 2nd in Quick Recall (buzzers) and then had to wait and see who had enough points to win districts. It came down to the quiet girls who took tests. (30 multiple choise in differnt subjexts like LA, MAth, SS,...)
Thse are the kids who worry cause they are not on the more well seen and high energy Quick REcall so as one said "we aren't as importatnt." I told them they were. and yesterday they proved it casue the points they racked up by placing in their subjects was the reason that we won. It was truly a team effrot. It took all of us to win. I am very, very proud of them. We get to go to regionals so that is a big deal as well, even if it means another week of being really really tired. :)
Today, we are going to paybills, relax and get ready for another fun week of our lives. Which I have to say right now life is looking pretty good. I am 21 weeks, all is well, brad had his principal tell him that they were considering him for a teaching job next year, which is great. And we have a wonderful apartment, and all our bills are getting paid. And good friends around us to support us when we have those down days. God has Blessed us. and I thank him for it.
Comments
This post made me so happy to read. Except for the being sick part - make sure you're resting and drinking water and stuff...don't want more sick Chickadee. But I'm thrilled for you and your academic quiz bowl kids and everything else.
It's ironic, cuz Mom had her big quizzing - this was AWANA Bible quizzing, and they did really well (one team took a 1st place and perfect score). And this week is our ISAT week...for which I'm hoping and praying for good results but the math had me worried.
Anywho, PRAISE GOD!
How about you? you likly to keep yours or are budjet cuts hurting your school too?