Panic






okay so after a case of streching pain in hte middle of the night, I felt funny yesterday. and after several sprites, I felt like the baby wasn't moving as much as she souhd have been. I worked myself into a panic and brad took me to the dr. after we got in the car about half way there she started moving jsut fine. But I was still worked up so we went ahead and went all the way to the dr. We got there and tehy said it wa fine that we came in, that it was better to get things checked out then to worry all weekend. they tried to monitier her, but while they could hear her heart beat she kept moving away. making it very hard to get their strip of heart beats. So they said they were sure everything was fine, but they wanted me to be sure so they sent me to get a ultra sound.
In the ultra sound they look for 4 things. She gets 30 minutes to have a good heart beat they can see, her practice breathing, good fluid, and her making good movements with her arms and legs. they get two points for each thing she has. She got all of her 8 points in like 3 minutes. Everything was great. So since we still had 25 minutes they did a couple of 3D pictures. Which was neat.
dr. owen came in and told us that all looked good, so he jsut wanted to get a good monieter done. So the Nurse practitiner came in and stood there holding the belly so that the baby couldn't move away from the moniter. After they got a good strip, she left, and the baby did another 10 minutes on her own with no one holding her still. in hte end, everythign was fine. they didn't make fun of me for worrying, and now I know that everything is fine and can relax for the weekend.
Yes you can laugh at me all youw ant, but after last year, I would rather go in and get moniters then to just assume everything is fine. The other nice thing is the cool pictures of the baby

Comments

Melissa said…
I'm not laughing - I think you did the exactly right thing.
Unknown said…
I can't imagine anyone laughing at u! I'm so relieved that everything really is fine and that u can relax this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity