Sunday Update
Laurana- is off everythign but her IV. Which is in the top of her head and looks like a little hat. We got there at 12 and they had moved her to a cart crib rather than the table where the monitered her all the time. They let me feed her, which went better. but still having a little trouble. then the dr. came to see us. They are moving her. she is being moved from the NICU up to pediatrics. Brad and I are going to pack a bag and spend the night with her, feeding, and taking care of her under nurses supevision. In hte morning htey are going to give her the last of her antibiodics and check her Jaundice level. As long as the Jaundice doesn't go up (it has been steady for two days) we will get to take her home on monday.
The night went great. she had several great feedings, and didn't need as much bottle (my milk) to fill her belly. However at the 3 am feeding she didn't want to feed, all she wanted to do was sleep. I think if hte nurse hadn't woken her she would have slept for an hour or two more before she woke up and and wanted to eat.
THe nurse just told us this morning that her jaundice level went down by like .6 so that is great, and we should get to take her home. I am supposed to see the lactation consultant this morning. we have to get her pictures taken for the hospital, and there is paper work and waiting for hte dr. to do rounds nad do paper work. so we will most likley be here for a while, but we shoudl all be home this evening. right now I am up while brad sleeps,but I think in a little while, we are going to trade, and I am going to take a quick nap while he watches the baby.
The night went great. she had several great feedings, and didn't need as much bottle (my milk) to fill her belly. However at the 3 am feeding she didn't want to feed, all she wanted to do was sleep. I think if hte nurse hadn't woken her she would have slept for an hour or two more before she woke up and and wanted to eat.
THe nurse just told us this morning that her jaundice level went down by like .6 so that is great, and we should get to take her home. I am supposed to see the lactation consultant this morning. we have to get her pictures taken for the hospital, and there is paper work and waiting for hte dr. to do rounds nad do paper work. so we will most likley be here for a while, but we shoudl all be home this evening. right now I am up while brad sleeps,but I think in a little while, we are going to trade, and I am going to take a quick nap while he watches the baby.
Comments