So it is mother's day. And for the first time I feel like a mother. being a mother is everything that I imagined it would be. There are days when I am on cloud nine, I watch her laugh and play and know that nothing could be better. there are days where she is cranky and I feel like screaming. there are days when I am so worried about her I could just cry. and there are days that I can't help but think of the future and all the joy and sorrows it will hold. I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!!
I think I love being a mom, because I had such a good example. I had the best mother in the world. Sure she is the ticket agent for guilt trips, but she is also the strength when I am weak and tired, the voice of reason when I flip out a little, the smile I can turn to when I am down, she is the person I call at 2:00 am when my little bear is sick, she is the mom that I am trying so hard to be. If I coudl be half the mom that she ahs been I know that Laurana will turn out great. I thank God everyday that he let me have a mother who was loving, caring, nurturing, hard when she needs to be, a teacher, a guide, a helper, an encourager, some one to push me when I got lazy and love me when I was worn. I thank god that now that I am grown I still have a mother who does all those things and is also a firend. Someone I can talk to, some one I can go too, and someone who I can respect and gives me respect in return.
I LOVE MY MOMMY!!!

Comments

Melissa said…
This is a really great tribute, by a really great mom to a really great mom!

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity