Jehovah- Jireh

The Lord Provides

In July of last year, we moved to Henderson to take my new job as a teacher.  We didn't want to move, we had good friends, and family, and we were "comfortable."  However God made it very clear that were were supposed to move.  That he was not going to provide for us unless we were willing to leave our comfort and move where he called us.

So that I could have this job that we felt the Lord leading me to, Brad quit his job.  Since we have moved brad has not been able to find a job that would make enough to warrant putting the kids in daycare.

All that being said, we are living off my salary, and once they take out insurance, retirement, and various other things you really don't have a choice about, we can not pay our bills.  Our income does not cover the cost of a four person family. (which is a complaint about what we pay teachers for antoher time).  It would seem that at some point we would not be able to eat, or put gas in the car.

God promises to provide.

all of this follows a year when I was unemployed and for better or worse we lived off credit cards for the year, racking up debit I have no idea how we will ever pay.  and putting us in a position where we no longer have credit as something we could "fall back on" when my salary doesn't make ends meet.

God provides.

Since we have moved here, we have NOT starved.  God has provided every month.  Some months, there is a bonus pay (which covered going home for thanksgiving, and christmas).  Anonymous friends have give us gifts, which covered gifts for Christmas, head light bulbs for the jeep, groceries for each day.

God has provided.

We have cut back, there are no extras groceries are set at 50$ a week for a family of four.  We don't eat out anymore (which is one of our favorite things to do), we wear the clothes we have and not any more. But God has made sure that we have enough. I can't go out and get pictures of my kids as much as I would love to do, (I know I am a picture-aholic).

God will provide

last week end our washer broke, we can't afford to fix it, we can't afford a replacement.  however, I know God will provide.  Our prayer over the next couple of days, or weeks is that God will provide a washer, free. because we know he can.  He has done it over and over again.  Until then he has provided friends and family, that let me bring a load of laundry to their house and wash it.

God provides.

family pictures we took at home instead of paying for this year.

Comments

Ellice...I can relate in so many ways...HE will provide...praying for your family...Henderson is lucky to have you. :)
Ellice...I can relate in so many ways...HE will provide...praying for your family...Henderson is lucky to have you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity