mid week comments

So this week is going pretty well. I got paid so that is always good. We had open house and of course only two of my kids brought their parents. So I spent a lot of time wandering around looking silly, but hey at least that is over with. Well got to shower and head to work. another day another dollar.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think that is an indication that you are doing a good job and so there are no complaints from the parents who stayed home :-) At least that is the up side of low turn out.
Anonymous said…
Very true. As I said on my LJ, our open house/first day o' school were simultaneous, so I got to have the 1st day with parents in the room. And they kept coming back! But overall it went well, just kinda scary. Only 1 woulda been a relief, but they seem really nice.
Ellice said…
I can hope so. So far most of the parents have been very supportive, and I get the feeling that the kids are really trying, although there is one or two who I think really don't care and will be a problem all year... but we shall see how it goes.
Anonymous said…
oh, yeah...need to update my LJ, but the honeymoon period is coming to a close and i'm able to identify the ones i'll be sitting on and the ones i probably won't, etc. you teacher folk will love watching the 1st yr teacher learn, struggle, and you'll probably go from jealous to ... "I told you so"
Ellice said…
if you still have 14 we will still be jealous. I mean I am lucky if I make it through a day with out a fight or a student going to the office..

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity