Thanksgiving day

Okay so we awoke bright and early. I had to have the turkey in the oven by 8 so we could eat around
2. So I got up, made stuffing, stuffed, buttered and rubbed the turkey down with honey and started it on its 15 minute baseting regime. It was fun. THen Brad helped me clean so that when family came over it would be nice and neat.

Of course I didn't clean up stairs and then they all went upstairs to talk on line with my parents and I was a little embarssred but it was fun.

We had Joel and his new wife Sonya over. Evan came as well since he hasn't been dating his girl long enough to go to her house for the holiday. THen we had a freind Tetcha from Zimbabwe who has come over for several thanksgivings and came again this year. It was fun and there was lots of food. This is the first year I let someone else cook and bring any of the food, and despite worry on my half it was all great and I won't worry next year. After a huge feast that I know was very unhealthy for me. We lounged around. Played some games. THen the boys pulled out the PS2 and played some teken, it is a fighting game. Sonya talks smack when she plays it was quite fun to watch. Mom and Dad called on the computer we did some video confrencing and all was well for the holidays.

All in all it just reaffirmed all the things I am thankful for.

Comments

Tami said…
I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!
Did Brad stand in line for a PS3??
Anonymous said…
Looks like fun, sounds like fun, reads like fun. I think I would be highly amused to hear Sonya talk smack.
Ellice said…
No brad doesn't feel a PS3 is worth the price or the line. We are simple folks and as long as there are games we love on the old ones we will stick with the older versions.
Anonymous said…
Who has $600 laying around for a game anyway? Kenneth actually wanted to get one...and sell it on e-bay for 10 times it's worth...men
Ellice said…
yeah several people tried that.. and got mugged right out side the store

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity