People keep telling me that they are almost done with their christmas shopping. I jsut want to point out that I haven't bought the frist thing. I get my christmas check on the 15th and can't buy anything until then. I also want to point out that while I love my firends dearly brad and I are not buying alot of gifts this year. So bring on the stress and the weight gaining parties.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've done half. But that half was done online : ) The other half I don't have the courage for, but I guess I need to get out there and face the mayhem!

If you order over $25 on Amazon, you get free shipping, so that's the half I shopped for and have wrapped. It was a good plan.
Tami said…
What’s wrong with you? You mean you don’t max out several credit cards every year like we do?

You’re a smart Chick! :)
Anonymous said…
Grampa finally let us draw names, so our list went from forty or fifty people to this:

His Mom, Dad, and Brother
Whoever we draw for the family
Two secret santas apiece
eachother
Caleb
Assorted kids in the family.

Still too many people on this list, in my opinion. Some year it is going to be just us and Caleb--a private, at home, family only, Christmas. Dagnabbit and bah humbug. P.S. Still home sick with Caleb.
Anonymous said…
You're sick or Caleb's sick?

As for "Bah, humbug!" I'm reading my kids "A Christmas Carol." Most of them have never heard it or even seen a variation of it, though a few recognized "Bah, humbug!" but didn't know from where. Dickens is prosy, so I'm editing a bit, but it's fun...5th graders love a good ghost story! (I hope to follow up with "Muppet Christmas Carol," one of my favorite all-time Christmas movies EVER.)
Anonymous said…
Have you ever seen those cheap children's classics at Wal-mart? Usually about two fifty apiece? They are "pre-edited" to be more readable for younger students. I don't reccomend them for someone actually wanting to read the story, but for someone wanting to get kids interested, they are okay.
Ellice said…
Let me see.. we have
his parents
My brothers
each other
I have a secret santa, a team gift exchange, about four white elephants, and an ordament excahge..
A group excahge..
and of course something for each other

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity