Last week in June

monday- I walked with Jennifer, worked on the office, had lunch, walked with Brad, Dinner, Had my first Watcher's meeting. I had 6 girls. It was lot of fun. I explianed how it works, and did a little weigh in in my office (the landry room.) this was followed by bible study.



Tuesday- Walked with Jennifer, worked on office, Walked with Brad, went to winchester, made sure brad was set up to sub next year, Had dinner at hte mexican resturant. Went to the park and had writing group with four whole people and Tiffy's neice Kimmy, who wrote two lovely stories about horses for us to read as well. She actually read part of our stories.. she didn't like that I called horses beast in my book. it was really sweet that she wanted to partcipate. Then she and Brad played catch for a while. He had to teach her to catch and throw as no one had done so before.



Wednesday- I went to my three our meeting at hte unemployment office, where they said keep doing what I am doing, and hopefully I can get a job.. if not they recomed as a tecahe rhtat I shoudl move to a state that doesn't have silly rules about pink slipping first year teachers, just cause. Then brad nad I went to See DIE HARD 4. It was good violent fun. I would say that if you liked any of the first three movies you will like this one. then we walked.. then dinner and movies at home.



Thrusday- I baby sat Jennifer's baby Taylor for about 2 hours in the moring. He is not my baby so I was afraid to put him down and jsut let him cry when I knew he was tired, but was not wanting to go to sleep. I think it is the right thing to do with baby's, it what the family I nannied for said to do with their kids, but since Jennifer hadn't said I felt bad doing it so I held him.. and he doesn't jsut want to be held.. he wants to be held a certian way, and you have to walk.. if you sit or stand still he cries. And as luck has it the minute I got him to sleep, and as I was walking toward the pack-in-play to put him down mommy showed up to pick him up.. Yep that is how it works. THen went walking with my Mentee, we had read different chapters so that was a little funny, but we will fix it next week. Then I went home, had lunch, baby sat Taylor again for 2 hours, then brad and I walked and swam and came home for dinner.



Friday- Got up, walked, grocery shopped, weight watchers (-1 from last week, -2.4 over all), lunch at Corky's, went to see Ratatiollie, which was a great family movie. Like the other pixar films it was funny, with a little adult humor mixed in. Then we drove to winchester ate dinner in the park and played ball while we waited for Tiffy and Sonya.. at 10 after 6 when no one had showed up we called tiffy's house.. her husband said she wasn't in.. so he called her and she called me saying she was sorry she forgot and knew that Sonya couldn't come but forgot to call. So we drove home and went to our last softball game of the season. I ended up in outfield due to a girl picture.. and surprised everyone.. I stopped one ball, gaining a large bruise on my knee, and then the men hit the ball to me hoping I would miss it and they would get home runs.. but instead I caught both.. with running extension and persison... Aaron says I lost my place as picture now.. and Brad thinks I was playing the wrong position all season. Of course the picture is not of me.. but you can't catch balls and take pictures at the same time. We still lost.. but it was fun.



Saturday- We got up, sore from softball, my knee hurts. then David and the guys came over to play games all afternoon with brad. Then they left and we met mike and Sonya at the mexican restuarnt. After which we came back and played a fun game of Munchkin.



Sunday- Sunday school, which I taught.. Christian Fellowship vs. Secular Friendships.. Discuss...

Church, then we came home had soup and sandwiches. Brittany picked me up to go to a baby sprinkle for Shannon, and David and brad walked to the college pool. after the shwoer, brittany and I joined them at the pool. Brad and I later walked home for dinner and a movie.

Comments

Tami said…
I had no idea that you had been pink slipped and were at risk of not going back. Did you blog about that and I missed it?

Are you definitely not going back to the school where you were posted? If so, does that mean the job no longer exists or did they hire someone else?

Lots of questions!
Ellice said…
The job no longer exists. they decided they had too many special education teachers, so they got rid of three. So good luck to them next year. But now I am looking for something new.
Tami said…
Well, I am very sorry. You know I can relate.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a good week. And you know you can always come to Illinois.......

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity