Mother's day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's and grandmother's who read this.

My mom, we don't look a thing alike.


This is my mommy pregnant with James. See we match.



Mom with Joel and I, I think she has james in this picture too.. but of course he hadn't made a public appearence yet.




Mother's day started out a little grim. I didn't try to go to church this morning as it is usually the baby dedication and I didn't think I was quite ready for that at this point. My mother went with Evan and his girl friend Nancy. Brad and I stayed in bed til late, we watched some scrubs, because it makes me laugh. Brad brought me breakfast in bed. He had meatloaf, cause we have leftovers and brad doesn't want to see them go to waste, I had cereal. then we got up late, check e-mail, took a shower and got ready for the day. We ran to Wal-mart and got cards and flowers for our mothers. I also bought a small plant with pretty white flowers for Hope's grave tomorrow. Then we went to cracker barell, we thought if we got thier early we could get a table before everyone got their. but they made us wait until everyone was there before we could sit down. The food was great and we had a great time being with family. Brad's parents, my mom, evan and nancy, were all there. Joel had to work casue to day is the busyest day of his year at red lobster. Then being peopled out and tired, Brad and I came home and took a nap.
We were so tired that when Brittany came over to give us dinner, we didn't hear them knocking until they had been at it for about 20 mins and David had fallen and hurt himself tyring to get to our spare key. we did hear them eventually and got up to get food. Now we are playing computer games getting caught up on some stuff we haven't much felt like doing and waiting for the season fanaly of Survivor to come on at 8.
Mother's day has been hard, but not horrible.
Just wanted to show you my mom getting me ready for an award cermony at chruch. of course right after she fixed my hair I went out and broke my arm and ended up in the next picture.

Comments

Tami said…
You sound very strong and I am glad you posted today. It sounds like your family had a very nice Sunday.
Anonymous said…
Aren't you cute????

I wondered how you'd handle Mother's Day...sounds like you handled it with your usual mix of strength, grace, realism and dry wit. Mom announced she may go to our former church until our pastor is done with his Mother's Day - Father's Day sermon series "s e x for the glory of God." "Every other word was s e x!" Didn't bother me as much, but I do always skip Father's Day anyway. And you are so dang right about Red Lobster. I decided to take Mom there this year...I haven't been since that one time I visited you. When I called yesterday, they said no advance reservations and they were BUSY! But she enjoyed it tremendously (I had steak) and said the last time she'd been was when my dad took her when they were dating. I'm now very tired b/c the Advil PM I take every Sunday night is kicking in...forgive me if I'm a wee bit loopy.


MEATLOAF?????????????
Anonymous said…
p.s. I'm surprised you got the pkg already! I mailed it Saturday, so that's pretty fast!

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity