Sick Baby

So right in the middle of D&D Saturday Laurana woke up from her nap feeling warm. I took her temp and it was 99.3. then she got really cranky. Brad said we might need to quit but the group agreement was since she went back down to sleep to try and get finished before she woke up again. After everyone left and she woke back up we check her temp again. this time it was up to 101.3. We of course called our pediatrion. They said that as long as it stayed below 103 it wasn't anything to worry about, and gave us some pointers on making her feel better and bring down the temp. At 9:00 when she got up for her night bottle it was 102. Then in the middle of the night when I moved her into the cradle in our room, she didn't feel warm at all. Of course I ddin't wake her to check. Come mornign still with teh fever. 101
Then throught he rest of hte day it would go down when she slept and then back up while she was awake. The dr's office which of course we called again. Said it was still okay to come in Monday mornign if she still had a temp. Which she did.
So I drove Brad to work this morning and then took her to the office. They checked her out and she has her first ear infection. It isn't really bad at this point, jsut giving her a temp and making her feel like crap. They said that she had a reaction to her shots, giving her cold symptoms. They didn't go away as quickly this time and she got an ear infection. Thankfully it isn't anything that is contagious, so all our firends and babysitters were safe. However, she is going to go to Grandpa's tomorrow just to let Jennifer not deal with a cranky laurana. As happy as she is normaly, when she is cranky it is pitiful. Saturday night she cried for like an hour, just cause she didn't feel good.
but now she is on antibioditcs and all is getting better. She is sleeping alot right now but at least she seems to feel a little better, we are getting a few more smiles out of her. So that is good.

Comments

Melissa said…
Oh baby. : (
Ellice said…
Turns out to add to the fun, she is allergic to amoxacillan. so now on top of hte ear ache, sore throat, runny nose,and fever, she has a rash from head to toe and diarrea.
I don't think I have ever been as tried as I am right now. She is not sleeping, working all day, and it doesn't feel like I have stopped all month (yea I know that is my own stupid fault, but it doesn't change how tired I feel).
Melissa said…
Is she feeling better? ARE YOU?

Tired is my perpetual state currently - I couldn't imagine adding a baby (let alone a sick one) to the exhaustion. God be with you.

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity