Retirement Party



So today I subbed for a pre-school. I always enjoy that because I get done earlier. I am now sitting at the library waiting for 4:00 to roll around. Ruth Ann, my mentor, is retiring this year. We are having her retirement party tonight. I am kind of sad. She has taught gifted and talented for 30 years. She will be greatly missed.

I am still keeping my prayers going, and a finger or two crossed hoping for a job I applied for. So far I haven't heard back from the principal and he gave no education of how long it could be before anyone heard from him. SO if you are inclined please pray for me. Brad and I could really use the income of a real teaching job. Besides I am very tired of subbing. It really holds no joy, after having a real teaching job and enjoying the growth of students over a whole year. But hey I will go where God directs.

Comments

Tami said…
Oh I understand why you want a "real" position. You need to be able to have a dependable income! Can you give hints? Is this position in Winchester, Richmond, Lexington??
Anonymous said…
I can definitely see the cons of subbing after experiencing student teaching. I want a real classroom, too! But I need to apply for more jobs now that Mom's out of danger. However, I've also realized that with the number of kids that know me, thanks to subbing, I have a chance to be a role model to more kids...so the debate becomes quantity vs. quality. I definitely prefer quality (a classroom of kids for a whole year) but quantity has its benefits!

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity