RESPECT

I have felt lately a lack of respect. I recently announced a decision about a group event based on what was best for my marriage. The decision was mocked, questioned, and then some one asked why I needed to go with my husband anyway. This hurt. A lot.
I understand everyone not agreeing, I understand that decisions are often made based on what is best for the whole group. I am good with this. Also when I voiced my opinion it was brushed aside. What hurt was the lack of respect.
There was also a deciosion in which I was mocked for wanting to spend time with my husband. My husband's love langauge is quality time. What would I be telling him if every sunday he is off I have something. The weekends are often the only time we get to spend with each other. I do alot of stuff with my friends and church that is not with my husband. But in the end God gave him to me for a reason and he is the most important person in my life. If I love and respect him I will show him that. And if it means not doing something to stay home with him, or not going somewhere because it hurts him, physically(allergies and all :) ), I shoudln't do it, and I don't feel that being questioned and mocked about it is fair or respectful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well put. Great point of view. Stick to your guns.
Tami said…
I don’t know you’re situation, but from what you have said, you were absolutely right in staying with Brad. He is #1 and he comes first. Remember this when you have children and your marriage will stay strong. Don’t ever feel bad about wanting to be with the person you will spend the rest of your life with. You have to do what is right for your marriage and if people don’t understand that, well, that’s just sad.
Anonymous said…
Hm. there's a story behind that, one that sounds like a disappointment to a dear friend. It sucks to be let down by anyone, and your decisions being mocked is a let down. The Bible study I just finished, "A Woman after God's Own Heart" talks about how a woman's first priority is God, then next her husband (if she has one), then kids, then the home, and then she can start looking outward. The author's premise is that each 'pool' feeds into the next (some metaphor to 7 Sacred Pools in HI or something). People try to make us feel guilty for not doing their priority, but the Bible in Titus indicates the other should be the order. So hey, I think you're making the God choice!
Anonymous said…
Atta Girl!!!!!! You know what is really important in your life and I admire you for it. Nanny

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity