Could it get worse


on top of the last post about Laurana losing weight, I started shivering this evening, and my right breast suddenly felt like it was going to expolode... oh you guessed it I have a blocked duct or two, and it is infected. I am running a fever over 101.5, I hurt all over, and I can't nurse my own baby right. tonight I feel like one of those big failures. She is spitting all over the place, not sleeping during the day, screaming when we put her down at night, not gaining weight, infact losing weight, I have nursed her wrong and gotten an infected booby and let my self get a temp. Brad has not slept in three days casue the moniter static sound has been keeping him up so he is tired and cranky, and Laurana seems to love spitting up copious amounts on him and not me, so since he takes things personaly when he is tired, she must not like him. and NOW because of me he has to go to lexington at 10:40 pm to get my antibiodic cause there is not a 24 hour pharmacy in Richmond. I feel like a worm making him do it but he loves me so much he is not complaining. Please if you read this tonight pray for his trip as he is really tired. And pray for me cause I am feeling pretty low right now. (on the up side I still have a beautiful baby, and the dr doesn't seem horridly worried about any of it, so even though it sucks right now It will get better.) (I posted twice right on top if each other so don't miss the next post about her weight and the plan we are going to implement.)

Comments

Della said…
The spitting up thing might be acid reflux, is it like projectile? Alyssa was doing the same thing and we had to put her on medicine. The screaming and waking constantly was part of that as well. They also nurse more and get more full because it's soothing to them and then they spew again because they got too full trying to ease the acid reflux... Nasty little cycle but check it out. They do grow out of it but it takes a while, a year or so.
Unknown said…
Taylor spewed a lot and Jacqui is too right now, my pediatrician said it's normal for the first year as long as they're not losing weight with it, so he didn't put Taylor on anything until after his first b-day. It is true that a baby will eat to settle an upset stomach even though it only makes things worse, that's why a pacifier will sometimes help. I understand Brad's irritation, it's SO aggravating when things are not fixable. He's a solutions guy and he can't solve this, this is a time thing. I'm praying for u, don't feel like a failure, I know it's so easy to get down on yourself, but this is only the beginning! lol! It's just a bump in the road and good for u for looking for the bright side to things.

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity