Okay- We are setteling into a routine here at home. She started with one day of every four hours feeding, but after making sure that no one was going to stick another needle in her for a while has decided that she is an every 3 hour kind of girl. Laurana has a bad case of Diaper Rash, but the dr. said that was normal, and brad talked to a phamasist and got the low down on the best way to treat it. She is cute as a button and not really a fussy child. she of course with the rash, hates to have her diaper changed but other than that doesn't cry to much, which is nice. She has the normal gas issues, but again that is under control

Brad and I are doing okay. Brad is really tired, and I am still swollen and sore. My feet are about two times their normal size and I a still hurt to bend to much. Ironically showers which feel the best at the time leave me feeling the worse afterwards. I guess it is all that standing and lifting my arms over my head to wash myhair.

NOTE: Laurana was a very sick baby in the NICU. If you plan on visiting, please call first. and if you are sick, or think you are sick please don't come at this point. If you hvae small children plese make sure they are not sick and understand that they may not beallowed to touch her right now only look. EVERYONE< EVERYONE will have to use handsanitizer and or soap before they can touch her. Even if you jsut washed your hands before you came. WE have to take this precaution as she can't afford to get sick again right now. Thank you for being so understanding.

Comments

Unknown said…
I didn't know how sick she was when I talked to u after she was born. Thank God,I am so glad she is home and doing so well! I know how hard it is to see your baby struggle in the NICU and be restricted from holding and interacting with them. She looks just like u and Brad, I don't know which one more yet. Congrats and of course, if there is anything we can do for u, let us know!
Anonymous said…
Oh she looks darling!

I was awol on computer for awhile b/c of Italy (could you tell?) and wanted to check right away to find out how she was doing. I am praising God that even with all the complications, she is now home safe and sound and in your arms and love! The best place for her.

I think she looks like you...what does mom Beth think?

Take care of yourself and that most wonderful gem of yours. Congratulations! I am hoping to visit this summer to meet this new baby girl, but will find a hotel or Dr Bs as I know you will be still pretty busy whenever I get there. (However, Greta has a road trip scheduled which may make things interesting, timing-wise....)

But God bless and keep us posted!!!!

Love always, Melissa D

Popular posts from this blog

reading list

Annevsary's and baby firsts

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sanity